Common Shampoo Bar Questions
Are shampoo bars good for your hair? Yes - Our bars are full of healthy ingredients like plant oils, butters, and gentle cleansers and as they don't contain silicones, which give the illusion of health, they work instead to smooth and nourish your hair and scalp. You'll have less hair fall and your hair will feel naturally healthy, soft, and shiny.
Do bars of shampoo work? Yes - Our bars contain concentrated amounts of the ingredients found in professional liquid shampoo and will work perfectly from the first wash. No transition period and no vinegar rinse necessary. They are not soap bars and are PH balanced.
- How often should I use a shampoo bar? As often as you like. You'll find that because they are silicone free and contain gentle cleansers, they won't strip your hair of oil so your hair won't produce extra sebum to protect your hair shaft. The balanced formula means that your hair will stay clean and oil free for much longer. If you like regular washing, they can be used every day without damaging or drying out your hair.
- Do shampoo bars make hair greasy? No, they work just like liquid shampoo. Our bars are not soap based (which can leave a deposit on your hair in hard water areas). They are more likely to help balance your hair so that it produces less oil and make it less greasy. Or lemon & frankincense bars use essential oils formulated to balance sebum production.
- What are the cons of shampoo bars? I honestly can't think of any. They are initially more expensive than liquid shampoo because they contain 100% shampoo ingredients and zero water. Liquid shampoo contains as much as 70 to 80 % water so they are cheaper. Bars can last three times longer than a bottle of shampoo so work our cheaper overall.
- Do bars of shampoo work? Yes, just like normal liquid shampoo. They are concentrated so you just need to add lots of water when you shampoo your hair.
- How do I store my shampoo bar? Somewhere cool and dry so that they are not sitting in a puddle of water.
- How long will your shampoo bar last? It depends how often you wash your hair but around three times longer than a bottle of shampoo.
- I've used a shampoo bar before and it didn't work, why are yours different? You might have used a soap-based bar. They are very alkaline and can leave a deposit on your hair especially in hard water. Our bars are surfactant based, PH balanced to match your scalp, hair, and work just like liquid shampoo.
- Do your shampoo bars make lots of bubbles? Yes, we use three gentle surfactant cleansers derived from coconuts and olives. They are sulphate free so are effective but don't strip your hair. In addition, we super fat the formula adding in natural oils and butters to further soften the lather. The cassava root in the formula makes the lather feel extra creamy and luxurious.
- Are they sulphate free? Yes, they contain Sodium cocoyl isethionate, Coco Glucoside and Glyceryl Oleate from coconut and olives. Gentle, non-sulphate cleansers.
- Are they better for the environment? Yes, Plastic - free, Vegan, cruelty - free, and all of the packaging is biodegradable and can be composted.
- Can I use them with coloured hair? Yes, they don’t contain sulphates so will help to keep your colour longer and the natural ingredients will help to soften and smooth the hair cuticle and restore damaged hair.